With its blend of yoga and martial arts (plus a hint of dance), Xflowsion, one of the hottest workouts in Hollywood, gives you toning and cardio in one flowing routine you can do in your bare feet. Try these signature exercises from creator Eric Paskel three or four times a week for a total-body shape-up.
Targets: Shoulders, abs, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms extended overhead, palms facing each other, and sink into a half squat.
- Hold half-squat position as you alternately
rotate arms backward in loose circles (like a lazy backstroke).
- Feel free to sway as you stroke. Continue for 1 minute.
Targets: Hips, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, elbows bent, fists in front of chest.
- Cross left foot behind right.
Targets: Shoulders, obliques, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms extended out to sides at shoulder level, and lunge forward with left leg, left knee bent 90 degrees, right leg straight.
- Keeping arms out at sides, rotate torso all the way to the left, looking over left shoulder.
Modified Alligator Push-Up
Targets: Chest, arms, and abs
- Start in plank position, on forearms and toes, forming a straight line from head to heels.
- Press through left palm to straighten left arm.