Jessica Simpson's Butt and Leg Exercises
You don't have to be a fan of Jessica Simpson's acting or singing to admit that she looked amazing in those Daisy Dukes for Dukes of Hazzard. Jessica Simpson's trainer, and creator of the 5-Factor Plan, Harley Pasternak, shared with us how Jessica Simpson got lean legs and a toned body while keeping her curves.Try this for sexy legs...
Do at least 30 minutes of heart-healthy cardio five times a week, says Pasternak. Try cycling, running, in-line skating, and stair climbing, which all have thigh- and calf-sculpting payoffs.Then sculpt your hamstrings...
- Lie faceup on floor with arms at sides, palms down, and calves on top of a stability ball.
- Engage abs and roll ball toward body with heels, lifting hips.
- Once heels are on top of ball, slowly roll back to start, lowering body to floor.
- Do 20 reps; 3 sets.
Cardio: Add some hills to your usual power walk, suggests Pasternak. "Incline walking activates your glutes and hamstrings, plus it's easy on the knees," he says. On a treadmill, set the incline to level 8, and walk at a pace of at least 3.5 mph for 30 minutes. Also try hiking, mountain biking, and climbing stairs.
Killer Butt-Sculpting Exercise
Targets: Hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings, quads, and area just above the knee
- Stand on left leg, 2 to 3 feet in front of chair, with right foot on seat behind you, leaving slight bend in right knee.
- Keeping hands by chin and chest up, bend left knee 90 degrees as right knee inches toward floor. Make sure left knee doesn't just past toes.
- Hold for 1 count. Return to start. Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets per side.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)