Squat with Hammer Curl and Press
Targets: Shoulders, arms, abs, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a 5- to 8-pound dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides.
- Lower into a squat, bending knees 90 degrees.
- Stand up and curl dumbbells to shoulders, then extend arms to press dumbbells overhead.
- Lower dumbbells to shoulders, then lower arms by sides to return to start position.
- Do 15 reps.
Reverse Lunge with Two-Way Raise
Targets: Shoulders, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a 3- to 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge back with right leg, bending both knees 90 degrees, as you raise extended arms to sides at shoulder level, palms down. Lower arms and return to start.
- Do 15 reps, alternating legs.
- Repeat, lifting arms in front of you.
- Lie faceup on ground, arms by sides, with knees bent and feet flat.
- Bring legs, knees slightly bent, toward chest, lifting your hips and lower back off ground.
- Lower feet toward ground without letting them touch down to complete 1 rep.
- Do 20 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, and hamstrings
- Lie faceup on ground, arms by sides with knees bent, feet flat.
- Squeeze glutes and lift hips off ground. Hold 1 minute.
- For second set, do a side bridge: Lie on your right side, legs and hips stacked, right elbow under shoulder so that torso is propped up.
- Lift hips to form a straight line from shoulders to feet; hold 1 minute. For third set, switch to left side and repeat.
Targets: Shoulders, chest, triceps, and abs
- Start in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes, body forming a straight line from head to heels. Step hands out 6 to 12 inches wider than shoulders. MAKE IT EASIER: Keep knees on ground.
- Bend elbows to lower chest toward ground, then return to start.
- Do 10 to 20 reps.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, May 2011.
You are here
Colbie Caillat's Super Slim-Down Workout
In a typical session with her trainer, Kanani Kroll, Colbie does an hour of nonstop circuit training that switches between sculpting moves and one-minute bursts of classic cardio, like high-knee runs. For a 15-minute sample, do these shapers in any order, adding a minute of jumping jacks after every two moves for maximum fat melting, then repeat twice.