The Love Your Shape Workout
Chili PepperYou're a chili pepper if you have a narrow shape
Your goal: Create curves by building muscle.
Your plan: Focus on doing fewer reps with heavier resistance to add more lean muscle throughout your body -- especially your shoulders, butt, and legs. Because you'll be using heavier weights, you'll need more time to rest and recover, so Mak recommends doing supersets of just two exercises back to back and resting 30 to 60 seconds between each set.The Chili Pepper Workout
- Superset 1: Bent-Over Dumbbell Row and Dumbbell Flye on Ball (3 sets each, 8 to 12 reps; use heavy weights)
- Superset 2: Lateral-to-Front Dumbbell Raise and Overhead Triceps Extension (3 sets each, 8 to 12 reps; use moderate to heavy weights)
- Superset 3: Lunge with Biceps Curl and Squat and Calf Raise (3 sets each, 8 to 12 reps; use moderate to heavy weights)
- Superset 4: Rear Leg Lift and Oblique Ball Crunch (3 sets each, 8 to 12 reps; no weights required)
- Cardio: Focus on the health benefits of aerobic activity rather than calorie blasting by doing three 30-minute workouts at an RPE of 5 to 6. To further strengthen your upper body, try swimming or using the rowing machine or an elliptical trainer with upper-body handles.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)