Get It Now: Maximum Energy
3 Quickie EnergizersMorning: Sun Salutation
- Stand with arms by sides, then raise hands overhead.
- Fold forward from hips and place hands on floor (bend knees if necessary).
- Step right foot back into a lunge.
- Step left foot back and raise hips up into an upside-down V.
- Step right foot up between hands in a lunge, then step left foot up to meet right.
- Stand up, lifting arms overhead. Repeat twice.
- Sit comfortably with back supported.
- Inhale fully, filling your lungs with air.
- Exhale forcefully through the nose with 10 short, staccato breaths, pulling abdominals in with each exhalation. Fully empty your lungs and repeat.
- Get up off the couch during TV commercial breaks and do 30 seconds (about the length of one commercial) of each of the following exercises: jumping jacks, squats, push-ups, crunches.
- Do a set at each commercial break.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, September 2005.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)