Fit into Your Skinny Jeans in 4 Weeks
3. Skater's Lunge
- Stand facing staircase with right foot planted on the first or second step, holding 3- to 5-pound weights at hips.
- Leaning forward slightly, lunge back with left leg, bending right knee 90 degrees and keeping knee aligned over ankle.
- Remain in low position and bring left foot up to meet right on step.
- Squat down, lowering hips another 2 inches. Hold for 2 counts; repeat.
- Do 16 to 20 reps, alternating sides.
Beginner Option: Lose the weights and bend knees only 45 degrees. Do 12 reps on each leg.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)