Firm Your Flab Zones
Pec LiftersBasic move: One-legged push-up
- Come into push-up position with knees on the ground.
- Extend your left leg behind you to form a straight line from your head to your heel.
- Bend arms until elbows are level with shoulders; push up and return to starting position.
- From kneeling push-up, bend arms so elbows are level with shoulders.
- As you push up, reach left hand across chest and tap right shoulder.
- Return your hand to the ground and go back to the starting position.
- Repeat with your right hand.
- For a challenge, do the move in full push-up position.
- Come into one-legged push-up position with left knee on ground; extend left arm out to the side and slightly behind body at shoulder level.
- Balancing on left knee and right palm, lower chest toward the floor.
- Complete reps and repeat on the opposite side.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, May 2005.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)