Firm Your Flab Zones
Everyone's got 'em: stubborn trouble zones that seem to stick around no matter what you do. Luckily, we've got the plan that will help you get rid of them for good. It's all about challenging yourself -- and your muscles. "Even the best exercises will stop producing results once they become too easy," says Grace De Simone, national group fitness director for Plus One Fitness, based in New York City. "To see real change, you need to increase intensity and add variety on a regular basis."
De Simone's program presents options for every fitness level. Choose the basic move for each problem area (abs, arms, chest, thighs, butt) if you're a beginner; challenge yourself with the intermediate or advanced exercises when you can easily do two sets of 12 to 15 reps. Do these moves two or three times a week, along with 30 to 60 minutes of cardio on most days, and in four to six weeks you'll see inches melt away and sleek, sexy muscles emerge!
- Prop yourself up on your left side with forearm on ground, palm down, fingers pointing forward.
- Keep legs straight and hips stacked.
- Extend right arm against right side.
- Bend at the waist and slide right hand down toward the top of right knee.
- Begin in the same position as in the side ab slide.
- Lift your body off the ground so you're balanced on your left forearm and left foot.
- Raise your right leg to hip level or higher and extend your right arm up, palm facing forward.
- Hold here for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Begin in the side-ab-slide position and raise both legs, balancing on left hip and forearm; place your right hand behind your head, elbow bent to side.
- Bend your knees up and in toward your chest, touching knees to right elbow if possible.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.