3 Slimming Balance Drills to Get Slimmer in Seconds
- Stand in the center of a balance board with feet hip-width apart.
- Sit back into a squat, trying to keep board as steady as possible.
- Raise arms in front of you or use a wall if needed for support.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart. Extend left leg behind you parallel to the floor as you raise arms in front of you.
- Simultaneously bend right knee. Come to a stand.
- Repeat on other side.
- Stand 3 inches in front of a step, hands on hips. Lift right foot off floor.
- Hop left foot onto center of step and hold for 3 counts, keeping abs tight.
- Extend right leg and both arms out in front of you, then hold for another 3 counts.
- Return to starting position and repeat on the opposite leg.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, October 2005.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)