Get Strong, Fit, and Fabulous in 4 Weeks
Strength Workout 11. Dumbbell Press Squat
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a 5- to 8-pound dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, palms facing forward (not shown).
- Squat down, extending arms above head; stand up and lower arms to start.
Keep it easy: Hold weights at sides.
Challenge yourself: Hold weights above head throughout the exercise.2. Ball Push-Up
- Get into a push-up position, with hands shoulder-width apart on a stability ball, back straight and abs pulled in.
- Lower chest toward ball, pointing elbows out, keeping abs tight and head aligned with hips.
- Push back to start and repeat.
Keep it easy: Do the move on the floor without the ball.
Challenge yourself: Raise a leg while doing the move.3. Bulgarian Split Squat
Target: Hamstrings, Quads, Glutes
Stand with your back 2 to 3 feet away from a bench or sturdy chair. Place top of right foot on seat.
Bend left knee 90 degrees, keeping knee aligned with ankle. Hold 2 counts, straighten leg in 4 counts and repeat. Switch sides after 1 set.
Keep it easy: Do alternating lunges, no bench.
Challenge yourself: Hold dumbbells at sides while keeping back leg on bench.4. Dumbbell Clean and Press
Target: Shoulders, Hamstrings, Glutes, Quads
- Stand with weights in front of thighs, palms facing in.
- Squat down, dropping weights just above the knees.
- Draw weights up to your chest, as close to torso as possible (not shown).
- Stand straight, rotating palms to face forward, and press weights above head (not shown).
- Lower to start and repeat.
Keep it easy: Don't squat down; draw elbows up only toward shoulders.
Challenge yourself: Make the movement explosive as you pull the weights toward your chest and above your head.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.