So Long, Sarong! Get a Beach-Ready Body
Circuit 2: Bikini-Ready Abs1. Toe Taps
- Lie back on ground with arms at sides.
- Bend both knees 90 degrees over abdominals, feet lifted.
- Slowly lower one bent leg at a time to quietly tap your toes to the ground, then lift leg back to start.
- Alternate legs in slow motion for 1 minute. (If you feel lower-back pain, don't lower toes all the way down.)
Advanced Option: Do side-to-side bicycle crunches with hands supporting the head for an additional minute.
Cardio Burst (intermediate/advanced only): Mountain Climbers. Get into full push-up position, hips low and abs tight. Bring right leg toward chest, tapping foot on ground; switch legs quickly and repeat for 1 minute.
Tip: If you're struggling with the advanced options, choose the beginner moves. You'll see better results and lower your risk of injury.2. Abdominal Hold
- Sit tall at edge of step with knees bent and toes touching ground in front of you, hands on step outside your hips with fingers pointing forward.
- Tighten abs and bring toes 2 to 4 inches off the ground.
- Lift butt off step. Hold for as long as you can (aim for 5 to 10 seconds); lower and repeat.
Beginners: Keep one foot on the ground to start.
Cardio Burst (everyone): Mountain Climbers; 2 minutes.3. Half Boat
- Sit tall on ground with knees bent 90 degrees, arms extended at chest level with palms down.
- Lean back slightly, engaging your abs, then lift both knees to chest level while continuing to reach forward with arms.
- Hold here, breathing deeply, for 10 to 20 seconds; contract abs.
- Lower feet to ground for 1 or 2 counts and repeat. Do 4 or 5 more reps over the course of 1 minute.
Cardio Burst (intermediate/advanced only): Mountain Climbers; 1 minute.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.