So Long, Sarong! Get a Beach-Ready Body
Circuit 1: Firm Your Butt1. Straddle Squat
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand straddling a step positioned vertically (use two risers underneath each end) with toes and knees pointed forward (not shown).
- Bend knees 90 degrees, squatting down; keep chest lifted.
- Place weights on the ground outside your feet.
- Return to standing position, then squat down again to grab the weights; stand up and repeat for 1 minute.
Cardio Burst (intermediate/advanced only): Run as hard and as fast as you can in place for 1 minute, raising knees to hip height.
Tip: Get more out of lower-body moves by contracting your abs -- you'll improve your balance and stability, so you can work harder.2. Weighted Bridge
- Lie on bench with heels on the ground about hip-width apart.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand with arms extended, thumbs pointed in toward middle of chest (not shown). Keep the weights parallel to your chest and lift hips into a high bridge, tightening glutes.
- Hold this position for 1 minute and alternate slow-motion punches over your chest.
Cardio Burst (everyone): Run in place for 2 minutes.
Tip: A beginner? Do just one complete circuit all the way through, then add another round as you get stronger.3. Sit Squat
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, facing away from the end of the step; extend arms in front to chest height.
- Shift body weight back into heels and find your balance (not shown).
- Squat low until you're sitting on top of the step or hovering just above; squeeze glutes hard to stand back up. Repeat for 1 minute.
Advanced Option: Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
Cardio Burst (intermediate/advanced only): Run in place for 1 minute.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.