Get Your Best Beach Body Ever in 21 Days
Pages in this Story:
- 3 Weeks to a Bikini-Worthy Body
- 1. Bulgarian Split Squat with Stability Ball
- 2. 1 and 1/4 Push-Up
- 3. Back Extension on Stability Ball
- 4. 1 and 1/4 Medicine-Ball Pullover
- 5. Prone Torso Twist on Stability Ball
- 6a. Standing Dumbbell Curl
- 7. Alternating Calf Raise
- 8. Alternating-Leg Hip Bridge
- Fast-Track Your Cardio
7. Alternating Calf Raise
Fitness Focus: Calves
- Stand on a step with heels off the edge, holding on to a wall or bench for balance.
- Press up onto balls of feet. Lower right heel toward ground; hold for 1 count.
- Switch feet and repeat, lowering left heel toward ground, and hold for 1 count.
- Repeat, switching legs with each rep.
- For a challenge, raise one foot off the step and balance on one leg; to increase intensity, hold a 4- to 10-pound medicine ball or dumbbells in front of you.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)