Bikini Body Workout 2007: Complete Cardio and Sculpting Routine
3. Lunge Progression
Targets glutes, hamstrings, quads (shoulders, biceps, Levels 2 and 3)
- Stand holding dumbbells with arms at sides.
- Lunge forward with right foot, bending both knees 90 degrees; keep right knee aligned over ankle and left heel lifted.
- Straighten legs, keeping feet in place. Repeat lunges for 30 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat.
- Repeat Level 1, but begin with elbows bent at shoulder height and weights facing forward; alternate legs with each rep. Continue for 60 seconds.
- Begin as in Level 1 with weights at your sides.
- Lunge forward with right leg, bending both knees 90 degrees.
- Push up through the heel of your right foot as you raise your left knee toward your chest.
- From here, curl weights toward bustline, keeping left knee lifted.
- Lower dumbbells to your side and lower left leg; repeat lunge-and-curl combo for 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat for another 30 seconds.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.