Standing Side-Splits with a Ball
This yoga-inspired move gives obliques a serious stretch. You can certainly do this exercise without the ball, but it offers a bit of leverage and additional support. And you deserve a treat.
- Stand with feet together about a foot behind a stability ball.
- Bend from the hips, placing hands on ball.
- Keeping torso extended and abs and glutes tight, raise left leg behind you until it's parallel to the floor.
- Keep your foot flexed and your inner thigh facing the floor.
- Rotate your torso to the left and extend left arm overhead.
- Turn head to gaze at left hand.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Lower and return to starting position.
- Repeat on opposite leg.
Try the standing side-splits with a ball