You are here
Towel It Off: Tone Up with No Equipment
Before: Booty Squeeze
Targets: Abs, lower back, butt, and legs
- Lie faceup with legs extended, a towel under each heel, and arms out to sides so that hands are in line with hips, palms down.
- Contract abs, squeeze glutes, and slowly lift hips and legs a few inches off floor while pressing heels into towels. Slide feet out to sides as wide as possible, then slide them together again without lowering hips.
After: Booty Squeeze
- Slide feet toward butt, bending knees 90 degrees to form a bridge. Slide feet forward again to complete 1 rep.
- Do 15 reps, keeping hips lifted throughout
Targets: Abs, obliques, butt, and legs
- Lie faceup on floor with legs extended, feet together, a single towel under both heels, and arms out to sides at shoulder level, palms down.
- Keeping abs contracted, upper body still and legs together, slide feet as far left as possible.
- Slide feet back through center and as far right as possible to complete 1 rep.
- Do 12 reps.
Before: Perfect-Posture Slide
Targets: Shoulders, back, triceps, chest, abs, and butt
- Lie facedown with arms extended overhead, elbows slightly bent, and a towel under each palm.
After: Perfect-Posture Slide
- Contract abs and slowly lift chest off floor while sliding hands in a circular motion out and down toward shoulders, bringing elbows next to rib cage and hands just in front of chest.
- Squeeze shoulder blades together, then reverse motion back to start to complete 1 rep.
- Do 15 reps.
After: Obliques Peak
Keeping legs together, bend elbows slightly and slide feet forward and out to side, bringing bent knees to outside of right elbow.
Slide feet back to start. Switch sides and repeat to complete 1 rep.
Do 10 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, a towel under each foot, and arms by sides, elbows bent 90 degrees.
- Keeping abs contracted, slide left foot forward, bending knee 90 degrees, and right foot back, while driving right elbow up and left elbow back (as if running).
- Switch legs and arms in one flowing motion.
- Continue "running" for 1 minute.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, October 2009.