- Lunge right leg out to right, toes pointing right, left leg straight. Press palms together overhead with elbows bent about 90 degrees out to sides (like a genie).
- Keeping hips squared, side bend at waist toward right.
- Next, reach with extended arms and torso toward right. Hold for 1 count, then pull torso back and bend elbows to return to side-bend start position.
- Do 10 reps. Switch sides (lunge and bend to left); repeat. Do 2 sets.
Kneeling Leg Circle
Targets: Shoulders, back, abs, butt, inner and outer thighs
- Kneel on mat, extend left leg out to left (toes on mat) and side bend at waist to right to place right palm on mat near right knee.
- Lift left foot off mat with toes slightly turned out; with leg, slowly draw 10 large clockwise circles, then 10 counter-clockwise circles.
- Switch sides, repeat. Do 2 sets.