20-Minute Workout: Do Anywhere Drills
Do each of these moves for 1 minute:
- Walk with high kicks: Extend arms at shoulder height in front of you. Step with right foot, then try to kick left hand with left foot, keeping leg straight. Repeat with right foot. Alternate sides.
- Jog with high knees: Try to raise knees to chest.
- Do side shuffle: 5 steps left, then right.
- Skip with high knees.
- At 5-yard intervals, set up 3 cones (or any markers). Stand at middle cone. Run to left cone, bend down to touch it, run to right cone, touch it, then run back to middle.
- Perform 20 squat jumps (squat, jump up as high as you can, then land back in squat). Repeat set 3 times. Rest for 1 minute.
- Set up 4 cones (or markers) in a square, with 10 yards between each pair.
- Start at one corner, run to first cone, side shuffle to second, run backwards to third, and side shuffle to fourth.
- Then get into plank position (forearms on ground, back straight, toes tucked under) and hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat set 3 times. Rest for 1 minute.
Sprint 100 yards (or 15 to 25 seconds). Walk back to starting place. Do 5 reps.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, September 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.