Walk (or Run!) Off Bulge
- The Reebok DMX Mega WalkR offers extra cushioning in the heel and forefoot grooves for greater flexibility. The payoff? A more durable, comfortable walk and workout. ($70; reebok.com)
- If you're a mid- to high-mileage runner (more than 15 miles a week), shock absorption is especially key.
- The New Balance 755 has plenty of cushioning through its midsole, plus a seamless liner to reduce chafing. ($85; newbalance.com)
- The cleverly designed Suunto t1 watch delivers all the info you need when you're running or walking, including calories burned, heart rate, and distance and weekly workout totals. ($99.99; suunto.com for retailers)
- Genius idea: Hind's Halo Long Sleeve hoodie features an attached headband that's designed to keep your ears warm without making the rest of your head sweat. The moisture-wicking fabric will also keep you dry and comfy. ($75; hind.com)
- Help for frozen fingers: Adidas Women's Clima Warm Outlast II Gloves keep you warm without overheating; reflective strips ensure you stay visible when you're out after dark. ($25; shopadidas.com)
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, January 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.