Walk (or Run!) Off Bulge
Walking and Running Upper Body Routine
If you're using a treadmill, sculpt your upper body at the same time with this easy, effective plan from Jeanette Soloma, a trainer at Crunch Fitness in Los Angeles. Walk or run for 15 minutes at a moderate intensity (place a set of 3- to 5-pound dumbbells nearby before you begin). At the 15-minute mark, decrease your speed to 3.0-3.6 mph, raise the incline to 6 percent, and pick up your dumbbells. Then do the following moves for 1 minute each, without taking any rest.
- Alternate Punch: Keep hands at shoulder height, elbows bent at sides, and alternate forward punches with each arm.
- Hammer Curl: Straighten arms to sides, palms facing in. Curl weights toward shoulders, keeping elbows close to sides.
- Triceps Kickback: Bend elbows 90 degrees and keep arms tucked into ribs, then slowly straighten arms behind you.
- Lateral Raise: Keeping elbows slightly bent, raise arms out to sides until elbows are shoulder height.
- Triceps Rear Press: Bring arms back to sides, palms facing behind you. Keeping elbows straight, pulse arms back.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.