Walk Off 10 Pounds This Month
Look Twice as Toned: Hills Walk
- Start out on a flat surface for 15 minutes at a speed at which you're hustling but still able to speak in sentences (RPE: 6 or 7).
- Find a hill or some steps -- or set your treadmill to a 4 to 6 percent incline -- and walk uphill quickly for 2 minutes.
- Walk downhill to recover, or if you're on a treadmill, walk at a 0 percent incline for 2 minutes.
- Aim to maintain your speed or go faster so that you can speak just a few words at a time (RPE: 8). Only one set of stairs? Walk up and down for 4 minutes.
- Continue up- and downhill intervals until you've reached your time goal. Beginners can alternate between hills and 5 minutes on a flat surface.
Calories burned (45 minutes): 220 (17-minute mile) to 366 (13-minute mile)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.