Pick Up Sticks
What you'll need: A mat
Targets: Abs, butt, hips, and quads
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Lunge forward with right leg, bending right knee 90 degrees, left leg extended behind you, and reach right hand to ground beside right foot.
- Return to start, switch sides and repeat. MAKE IT HARDER: Jump up between lunges and switch legs in midair to alternate sides or take shorter steps and lunge faster.
- Do 10 reps per leg.
Trainer's tip: To help support your lower back, keep your core engaged as you reach toward the mat.
Tuck and Extend
Tadpole to Frog
Thread the Needle
Cross the River
- Stand to right of mat (lengthwise) with feet hip-width apart, elbows bent by sides, hands in front of chest.
- Leap over mat to left side, pumping arms (right elbow forward, left elbow back) and landing on left leg, knee slightly bent, with bent right leg crossing slightly to the left behind you (in a speed skater's pose).
You are here
Total Body Recharge: 8 Energy-Boosting, Muscle-Toning Moves
This is a zero-equipment, no sneakers required, all energy-boosting cardio workout that tones from head to toe. "You'll target your major muscle groups from every plane of motion while scorching away calories," says Maryanne Blake, group exercise instructor at the Sports Club/LA in Boston, who designed the gym's ingenious new yoga-meets-sculpting-meets-cardio Zenergy class and shared her best body blasters exclusively with FITNESS. Complete these signature supermoves twice a week to tighten your bod and revive your brain.