Kickboxing Workout: Sculpt Muscles and Blast Fat
7. Side Kick
This kick is the strongest, because the force comes from the glutes. Keep your foot flexed as you kick out.
Imaginary Targets: Torso, Chest
- Stand with your left foot forward in fighting stance.
- Turn hips to the right, and pivot right toes out slightly.
- Lift your left knee toward the chest, keeping your foot flexed (not shown).
- Forcefully extend the left leg out to the left side, pushing through the heel while counterbalancing by leaning your entire upper body toward the right.
- Keep hands in fists near face. Retract the kick and immediately return to fighting stance.
Quick Tip: Think of kicking through target with heel.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.