I'm all about no-fuss moves that really work, and the plié falls into that category: It's as simple to do as it looks, but infinitely more toning than you'd expect. (In fact, it's one part of the Brazilian Butt Lift workout, below. Get on that.)
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
- Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
- Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
- Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don't let your knees creep past your toes.
- Do for 1 minute. (After about 40 seconds, pulse at the bottom of the squat for 20 seconds.)
5-Minute Workout: Brazilian Butt Lift