Get a Firm, Tight Butt in 3 Moves
Advanced MovesBalancing Deadlift
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees bent about 30 degrees.
- Holding a 5-pound dumbbell in left hand, extend right leg back and lower weight toward floor.
- As you stand, kick right leg forward to hip height.
- Lower to start and repeat.
- Complete 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
- Lie with shoulders and arms along the edge of a couch or bench.
- Balance feet on a small (25- to 35-centimeter) stability ball, knees bent.
- Keep feet on ball and press hips toward ceiling, bringing them level with chest.
- Complete 3 sets of 15.
- Stand with your right side 2 to 4 feet away from a step bench.
- Keeping your arms bent at sides, squat down slightly and hop up sideways onto the step, landing on your right foot.
- Next, bend knees slightly to hop back to start landing on your left foot.
- Continue hopping back and forth for a total of 15 times before switching sides to repeat.
- Complete 3 sets.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, June 2006.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.