Get a Firm, Tight Butt in 3 Moves
Intermediate MovesBent-Knee Deadlift
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand at inner thighs.
- Bend knees 30 degrees, coming into a shallow squat.
- Keep your back straight as you bend forward from the hips, lowering weights toward the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes and slowly stand.
- Complete 3 sets of 15.
- Lie on floor and place your feet hip-width apart on a couch or bench, knees bent 70 to 90 degrees.
- Extend left leg, pointing toes.
- Press into your right foot and lift hips toward the ceiling.
- Complete 3 sets of 15 reps, then repeat on opposite side.
- Stand with your right side facing a step bench, holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand in front of your thighs.
- Step up sideways onto the bench with your right foot, then lift your left leg 45 degrees to the side, toes pointed.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Step down and repeat for a total of 15 reps.
- Switch sides.
- Do 3 sets.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)