Move of the Moment: A Curtsy Lunge
Sculpt your quads and glutes while toning your biceps with this double-duty curtsy lunge from David Kirsch, author of The Ultimate New York Body Plan: The Breakthrough Diet and Fitness System that Sheds Pounds and Reshapes Your Body -- Fast! (McGraw-Hill, 2005).Work Up to 3 Sets of 15 Reps per Side
- Stand with your feet shoulder-distance apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand with arms at sides.
- Lunge diagonally forward with your right foot, crossing it to the outside of your left leg, bending both knees 90 degrees.
- As you lunge, curl dumbbells toward your shoulders.
- Straighten legs, then lift your right knee and bring it in toward your chest as you lower arms.
- Lunge back diagonally with right leg, crossing leg behind body and to the left, bending both knees while curling weights toward shoulders.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, November 2005.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.