Tone Your Upper Arms
Triceps make up two-thirds of your upper arm, so keeping them toned makes a big difference, says Frank Moran, instructor at Reebok Sports Club in New York City. Do three sets of each.
Beginner: Triceps Extension with Band
- Lie on a step and loop a resistance band underneath the end where your head is.
- Hold an end of the band in each hand on either side of your forehead, palms facing in, elbows bent. Straighten arms, bringing knuckles toward ceiling.
- Return to start and repeat 10 times.
Intermediate: Dips with Swing
- Sit on a step with legs slightly bent, feet flat on floor. Place hands on step by thighs and press palms into step to lift butt.
- Next, slide butt off edge and bend elbows to drop hips 3 inches from floor. Straighten arms and slide hips back without sitting down.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times.
Advanced: Triceps Push-Up
- Lie on left side with legs together, slightly bent. Place left hand on right hip and right hand on floor in front of left shoulder.
- Extend right arm, lifting left shoulder off floor. Bend elbow to lower, without touching shoulder to floor.
- Repeat 10 times; switch sides.