3 Moves to Sexy, Sculpted Shoulders
Advanced Exercises1. Reverse Chop
- Stand with resistance band looped around left foot, feet shoulder-width apart, holding both ends in right hand.
- Squat down, bringing right hand across top of left foot toward the outside.
- As you stand, extend right arm diagonally across body, then above right shoulder.
- Hold for 3 counts. Lower and repeat 8 to 10 times.
- Switch sides and repeat.
- Holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand, stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your right leg and raise it about 3 inches off the floor.
- Extend arms in front of your body at chest height, palms facing down.
- Raise your left arm above your head; hold for 3 counts, then lower.
- Repeat with right arm.
- Alternate 8 to 10 times; switch legs and repeat.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand with elbows bent 90 degrees at sides, palms facing in.
- Bend forward slightly from your hips, then extend arms out to sides, leading with your elbows.
- Be sure to squeeze your upper back and shoulders at the top of the move.
- Lower and repeat 8 to 10 times.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, July 2006.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.