Killer Move: Dive-Bomber Push-Up
This challenging take on the classic push-up sculpts you from head to toe, while increasing flexibility in your hamstrings, back, and shoulders, says Todd Durkin, owner of Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego.
Work up to three sets.
- Begin with your hands and feet on the floor and your hips raised, so your body forms an inverted V.
- Lower your shoulders, then glide your chest forward, bringing it between your hands and up toward the ceiling.
- Keep hands 2 to 3 inches wider than your shoulders and your knees and hips 2 to 3 inches off the floor.
- Reverse the move, bringing your hips back toward the ceiling.
- Repeat for a total of 5 to 10 reps.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, July 2006.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)