Chair and Dumbbell Workout: Advanced
Target: Total body, lower body, core, shoulders, and armsPositioning
- Stand nice and tall with your feet firmly planted on the floor, slightly farther than shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a medicine ball or a light dumbbell in front of you.
- Maintain your supercenter throughout the exercise.
- Bend your knees and squat down, driving your heels into the floor.
- Rotate your torso to one side (as if picking up a box beside you).
- Focus on really using your legs during this exercise.
- Extend your body back up while lifting the weight or ball across your body and up overhead at a 45-degree angle to the opposite side.
- Fully extend both arms over to the opposite side as if you were putting this box on a top shelf. Repeat this motion for the recommended amount of reps, then repeat on the other side to complete the set.
Note: The listed 12 reps are actually 6 reps to one side immediately followed by 6 reps to the other side, totally 12 reps for the set.
Tip: You can do this exercise without using either dumbbells or a medicine ball. Add resistance at the appropriate time for you.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.