Chair and Dumbbell Workout: Advanced
Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Target: Shoulders, core, and balance. Alternative, pushing motion.Positioning
- Stand nice and tall with your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Activate your supercenter, and keep your chest lifted.
- Look straight ahead.
- Bend your knees slightly.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, at your sides, with your arms at approximately a 90-degree angle.
- Maintain perfect posture and spinal alignment and a comfortable range of motion for your shoulder joints.
- Raise your arms directly up from your sides, as shown, to almost shoulder height.
- Maintain this angle at your elbow joint throughout the motion.
- Return to starting position and continue the exercise for the recommended number of repetitions.
Tip: For an added challenge, you may perform it while balancing on one foot, as shown above.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)