Amazing Arms in 3 Moves
Advanced Exercises1. Single-Leg Triceps Push-Up
- Get into push-up position, thumbs touching and hands directly under chest.
- Raise right leg 3 inches off the floor.
- Keeping abs tight, leg lifted and head in line with spine, bend elbows about 90 degrees.
- Push up to starting position. Do 8 to 10 reps; switch legs.
Lower left arm back to start, keeping right arm in place. Do 8 to 10 reps; switch sides.
Next, curl both arms toward chest. Do 8 to 10 reps.3. Roundhouse Raises
- Hold a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand with arms at sides, palms facing each other and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping elbows slightly bent, raise arms to the sides until they are at shoulder height. Rotate arms until palms face up, and lift weights over your head.
- Slowly lower back to starting position, turning palms down. Do 8 to 10 reps.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, August 2006.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)