Strong, Sexy Abs
5. Ballet Twist
Target: Works Obliques, Rectus Abdominis, and Transverse Abdominis
- Start by sitting on the floor and extending your legs, keeping them pressed firmly together.
- Lean back 45 degrees from the hips.
- Keep your abs engaged as you bring both of your arms overhead like a ballerina.
- Slowly twist your torso to the left, placing your left arm on the floor; keep right arm reaching overhead.
- Continue to twist to your left for a slow count of 3, keeping your butt and both heels on the floor.
- Contract your abs to support your spine as you return to center, bringing both of your arms overhead.
- Repeat by twisting to your right side and placing right arm on floor.
- Continue alternating for 6 to 8 reps per side.
- Complete 2 sets.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)