You are here
The A-List Ab Workout
Incline Core Scissors
What you'll need: a pair of 1- to 3-pound dumbbells and a small exercise ball (such as a Mini-Core Ball, $8, naturalfitnessinc.com) or a rolled-up towel
Targets: Back, abs, obliques, and legs
- Lie faceup on floor, knees bent, feet flat, with ball beneath tailbone, arms slightly out to sides, palms on floor.
- Extend both legs directly up.
Targets: Chest, back, arms, and abs
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie faceup on floor with knees bent, feet flat, ball beneath mid-back so that head and shoulders are lifted. MAKE IT EASIER: Do move without dumbbells.
- Bring arms out to sides at shoulder level, elbows slightly bent so palms almost face each other.
Child's-Pose Ski Slope
Targets: Back, shoulders, arms, abs, quads, inner and thighs
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides, kneel on floor, squeezing ball between inner thighs.
- Hinge forward from hips and lower butt to heels until forehead touches floor in child's pose, resting hands on floor by ankles, palms up.
Upright Oblique Twist
Targets: Back, shoulders, abs, and obliques
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on floor with knees bent, feet flat and ball behind lower back.
- Lift arms to shoulder level in front of you, palms down.