Courtesy of Shutterstock
The Look: The Barely There Crop
Not quite ready to put it all out there yet? Try a beginner's crop style like Jessica Alba's to show less stomach.
The Move: Wiper Plank
Targets back, abs, obliques, butt, and legs
- Start on floor in plank position, balancing on forearms and toes, elbows directly under shoulders. Clasp hands together.
- Lift right leg behind you as high as you can, then lower it without touching toes to floor and bring it out to right side.
- Return right leg to center, then repeat without touching toes to floor.
- Do 10 to 12 reps. Switch legs and repeat.
Courtesy of Shutterstock
The Look: The Cutout Crop
Take some of the attention off your middle with fun cutouts, like Taylor Swift's style here.
The Move: Kneeling Side Crunch
Targets arms, abs, butt, and thighs
- Kneel on ground holding a dumbbell in right hand, left hand on left hip; bring right leg out to side, knee bent 90 degrees and toes pointing right.
- Curl weight toward right shoulder while doing a crunch to right side; keep shoulders facing forward. This is start position.
- Place left hand on ground, hinging toward left so that torso is parallel to ground, and reach right arm up as you extend right leg out to side just above hip level.
- Lower right foot and right arm as you return to start position.
- Do 30 reps; switch sides and repeat.
The Look: The Loose-Fitting Crop
Rihanna's got the right idea. Flowy tees and dresses let your abs be the star of the show, while also giving you some room to breathe.
The Move: Magic Carpet Ride
Targets rectus abdominis, obliques, and transversus abdominis
- Start on an uncarpeted floor in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes, arms extended, a folded towel underneath feet.
- Contract abs and bring knees in toward chest.
- MAKE IT HARDER: Keep legs straight and lift hips high to bring feet toward hands.
- Hold for one count, then return to start. Do 3 sets of 10 reps, resting 45 seconds between sets.
The Look: The Crop That Pops
Katy Perry knows that even tailored, fitted crops can still be fun with bright colors and funky patterns.
The Move: Rolling Pin
Targets deep abs, obliques, butt, and hamstrings
- Start on floor in full plank position, balancing on palms with shins resting atop center of a stability ball.
- Lift left leg a few inches off ball, then bend right knee in toward chest, rolling ball forward.
- Straighten right leg again and repeat.
- Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
- MAKE IT EASIER: Keep both shins on ball as you roll it forward.
The Look: The All-the-Way Crop
Ready to take the chop? Opt for high-waisted pants, shorts or skirts like Shailene Woodley for an ultra-flattering look.