The Ultimate Ab Workout Plan: Week 3 Exercise Instructions
Single-Leg Instability Pump
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your knees slightly bent. Interlace your fingers and press them into your belly.
- Shift your weight to your left leg and lift your right knee up to hip height, flexing your foot. Keep your chin level and your eyes forward.
- Hinge forward at the hips, keeping your knee bent and your foot flexed. Come back up and repeat. Press down through the right heel and squeeze your glute to bring your knee back. Repeat for 15 reps.
- The second time you do this exercise, do running arms instead of pressing your hands to your belly. Stand on your left leg and bring your arm forward with your elbow bent and your other arm extended behind you. As you stand up, swing your arms in time with your legs as if you're running. You'll still do 15 reps on the exercise on each leg.
- The third time you do this exercise, do the running arms again, but this time do it with a light dumbbell in each hand and do a biceps curl with the front arm and a triceps extension with the rear arm, pressing the weight behind you. You'll still do 15 reps on each side.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)