(You'll need a 3-foot scarf or towel and a chair)
- Sit tall in a chair. Place your right arm straight down on the chair behind you and hold one end of the scarf with your left hand.
- Lean forward and with your left hand, make a figure 8 over your head and down your left side.
- Do 8 to 10 reps, then switch sides.
(You'll need a chair)
- Sit tall on the edge of a chair with your hands on the edge of the seat and your fingers pointing to your knees.
- Tighten your abs and bring your toes 2 to 4 inches off the floor and lift your body off of the chair. Hold for as long as you can, shoot for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Lower yourself down and repeat. Continue this exercise for 1 minute.
- Beginners can keep one foot on the ground for additional support.
(You'll need a chair or a couch)
- Kneel on the floor in front of a chair with your knees hip-width apart.
- Bend forward at your waist and place your elbows on the chair.
- Breathe in and exhale, slowly contracting your navel in toward your spine. Pull your navel in and hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Do this move twice in the beginning and work your way up to 10 reps.
- Once you've mastered 10 reps, rest for one minute and then repeat the set.
Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
- Get on all fours, aligning your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulders.
- Lift your right arm to shoulder height and your left leg to hip height, hold for two counts. Reach forward with your fingers and back with your heel.
- Repeat this exercise on the opposite side. Do 15 to 20 reps, alternating sides.
- For a bigger challenge, touch your opposite elbow to your knee as you pull your arm and leg in.