10 Tidbits of Weight-Loss Wisdom from The Biggest Loser
Pages in this Story:
- I Am "The Biggest Loser"?
- You Must Be a Priority
- Do Not Worship at the Fondue Altar
- Ignorance Is (Fattening) Bliss
- Don't Hate Your Metabolic Rate
- Sweat Your Frown Upside Down
- Atone for Your Sins -- in Writing
- Health Is Your 401k
- Commit Dessert Adultery -- Occasionally
- Know Your Visceral Limit
- Keep Your Fervor Afire
Don't Hate Your Metabolic Rate
In season two, the boys battled against the girls. And the women quickly found out that for several unfair biological reasons, the male team might lose weight at a faster rate. Nonetheless, melting off three pounds in a week is a phenomenal achievement, even if the blokes are pulling in double-digit figures. The lesson: Why compare your butt to anyone else's? Guys tend to have more muscle -- a natural fat burner, experts say.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)