10 Tidbits of Weight-Loss Wisdom from The Biggest Loser
Pages in this Story:
- I Am "The Biggest Loser"?
- You Must Be a Priority
- Do Not Worship at the Fondue Altar
- Ignorance Is (Fattening) Bliss
- Don't Hate Your Metabolic Rate
- Sweat Your Frown Upside Down
- Atone for Your Sins -- in Writing
- Health Is Your 401k
- Commit Dessert Adultery -- Occasionally
- Know Your Visceral Limit
- Keep Your Fervor Afire
Ignorance Is (Fattening) Bliss
Many of the "Losers" claim that before being on the broadcast, they didn't realize how big they actually were or how much they were at risk for heart failure or type 2 diabetes. Even though Dave, 39, was a squat, balding 250-pounder, he felt as if he stood six feet four inches with a full head of hair, he said on season one. The real deal: He had trouble performing a single sit-up. The lesson: Make sure your perception of how you look matches with reality. One smart habit: Keep a pair of "check-in" pants that fit perfectly at your ideal weight, and try them on every month.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.