Lisa Progresses Despite Aches and Pains
Before and After
|weight:||150 lb.||140.5 lb.|
|left to lose:||20 lb.||10.5 lb.|
My goals this month:
- Keep a food log and evaluate it weekly.
- Make low-fat dessert swaps: Skinny Cow ice cream, skim milk pudding, fruit or yogurt for regular ice cream.
- Do exercises that will improve sore and injured areas, like strengthening quads and hamstrings to alleviate knee pain.
- When feeling overwhelmed by obligations, stop, breathe, and address my own needs.
- View pain as a messenger rather than as a betrayal by my body, and find alternative exercises that don't aggravate the pain.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)