360 Shaper: The Push-Up Progression
Start with this all-in-one move that'll lead you down the aisle toward a stellar upper body, no matter what your dress style.
- Place your hands on a windowsill, table, or bench with your toes on the floor. Keep your body in a straight line, with your arms fully extended.
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees; then push back up. Be sure to keep your abs engaged and your head in line with your spine. Continue doing push-ups for about 30 seconds.
- Next, hold yourself in the start position for another 30 seconds.
- Assume a regular push-up position with your hands on the floor, palms below your shoulders and your abs contracted.
- Do 30 seconds of push-ups.
- Hold the push-up plank position for 30 seconds. Contract your abs and squeeze your inner thighs together.
To Make It Even Harder... Add an alternating leg plank: Do 30 seconds of floor push-ups, then hold one leg out behind you in plank position for 30 seconds. After 15 seconds, switch legs.