The Party Diet
Breakfast: 1 1/2 cup oatmeal topped with 1/2 cup blueberries and a splash of milk.
- 281 calories, 12g protein, 52g carbohydrate, 4g fat (1g saturated), 8g fiber
Lunch: Sandwich made with 3 ounces turkey breast on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, and Dijon mustard; 1 cup (about 30) grapes.
- 392 calories, 23g protein, 64g carbohydrate, 7g fat (2g saturated), 6g fiber
Dinner: 4 ounces shrimp stir-fried with mushrooms, garlic, and ginger (cook in sauce made by whisking together 4 teaspoons each soy sauce and rice vinegar and 2 teaspoons each olive oil and honey), 1/2 cup steamed carrots, and 3/4 cup brown rice.
- 517 calories, 32g protein, 70g carbohydrate, 13g fat (2g saturated), 6g fiber
Dessert: 1/2 cup chocolate nonfat frozen yogurt topped with 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts.
- 136 calories, 7g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 4g fat (1g saturated), 2g fiber
Snack: A medium apple sliced with 1 tablespoon almond butter.
- 171 calories, 3g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 9g fat (1g saturated), 4g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.