The 5-Factor Diet
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 2 small eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pound tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the eggplant slices with salt and pepper. Place them in a nonstick baking pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray and cover the bottom with eggplant slices. Ladle some of the tomato sauce over the eggplant and top with some of the tomato slices. Sprinkle the tomato with basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spread ricotta over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Repeat the layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then place under the broiler until the cheese turns golden.
- To serve, cut the lasagna into slices and garnish with additional Italian seasoning.
Nutrition facts per serving: 315 calories, 34g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 2g fat (1g saturated), 12g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)