The 2009 Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days Diet
Low-Calorie Snack Ideas
Pick two of these tasty treats each day to help you lose weight while eating great. Each snack is about 150 calories.
- 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
- 10 tortilla chips and 2 tablespoons guacamole
- Salt-and-pepper popcorn (4 1/2 cups popcorn coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with salt and pepper)
- 1 chewy granola bar and 1 cup herbal tea with 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich (1 slice whole-grain bread, 2 teaspoons peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon jelly)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese and 1 crispbread cracker
- 10 potato chips and 1 tablespoon low-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 small apple, sliced, spread with 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 VitaBrownie and 1 twelve-ounce cappuccino made with skim milk
- 1 container (6 ounces) vanilla low-fat yogurt sprinkled with 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 small pear and 5 walnut halves
- Pesto & Swiss Turkey Rolls (4 slices turkey, 2 teaspoons pesto, and 1 slice low-fat Swiss cheese, cut into 4 long pieces. Spread pesto on turkey, top with cheese, and roll up.)
- One 3 Musketeers Mint Bar
- 1 fat-free hot chocolate (made with hot water) and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, February 2009.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.