Your Toughest Diet Dilemmas Solved
Pages in this Story:
- Can I Cheat?
- Wheat vs. Whole Wheat
- Can I Eat at Night?
- When Will I See It on the Scale?
- What's the Deal with Sugar Substitutes?
- Help! I'm Still Starving After a Salad!
- What Happens to My Body Fat When I Drop Pounds?
- How Can I Boost My Metabolism?
- Low Carb vs. Low Fat
- Should I Eat Before Hitting the Gym?
- How Important Are Supplements?
- Food Additives and Hyperactivity
- Do I Need to Go Organic?
Help! I'm Still Starving After a Salad!Why am I always starving after having a big salad for lunch?
You probably forgot a key ingredient: protein! "A big bowl of lettuce and veggies won't keep you satisfied," says Leslie Bonci, RD, director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Since it takes more time to digest protein than, say, carbs or fat, add tuna, tofu, beans, or chicken to your greens and you'll feel full longer.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.