Your Toughest Diet Dilemmas Solved
Pages in this Story:
- Can I Cheat?
- Wheat vs. Whole Wheat
- Can I Eat at Night?
- When Will I See It on the Scale?
- What's the Deal with Sugar Substitutes?
- Help! I'm Still Starving After a Salad!
- What Happens to My Body Fat When I Drop Pounds?
- How Can I Boost My Metabolism?
- Low Carb vs. Low Fat
- Should I Eat Before Hitting the Gym?
- How Important Are Supplements?
- Food Additives and Hyperactivity
- Do I Need to Go Organic?
How Important Are Supplements?
Do I really need to take a daily multivitamin?
You can likely skip the multi if you're consuming at least 1,800 calories a day and your diet is generally balanced and healthy -- meaning lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, some healthy fat and protein, says McManus. But if you're cutting calories, you should take the multivitamin. "Otherwise, it's extremely difficult to get all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients you need," she says.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.