Your Toughest Diet Dilemmas Solved
Pages in this Story:
- Can I Cheat?
- Wheat vs. Whole Wheat
- Can I Eat at Night?
- When Will I See It on the Scale?
- What's the Deal with Sugar Substitutes?
- Help! I'm Still Starving After a Salad!
- What Happens to My Body Fat When I Drop Pounds?
- How Can I Boost My Metabolism?
- Low Carb vs. Low Fat
- Should I Eat Before Hitting the Gym?
- How Important Are Supplements?
- Food Additives and Hyperactivity
- Do I Need to Go Organic?
Can I Cheat?Is it a good idea to have a "cheat day" when dieting?
If you're not the go-hog-wild type, relaxing the rules once a week may help you stay the course, says Kathy McManus, RD, director of the department of nutrition at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Being super-strict can set you up for overeating in the future.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)