You are here
The Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days Diet: Healthy Lunches Under 400 Calories
Spicy Bean and Guacamole Burritos
- 1/2 cup canned low-fat refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons prepared guacamole
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 small (6-inch) whole-grain tortillas
- 1 cup red grapes
Stir together beans and salsa. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Place warm bean mixture, guacamole, and lettuce on tortillas and roll up. Serve with grapes on the side.
Grilled Cheese with Turkey and Tomato
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces sliced turkey
- 1 slice tomato
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pea pods
- 2 tablespoons low-fat ranch dressing
Make sandwich with bread, cheese, turkey, and tomato. Coat a skillet with cooking spray and toast sandwich for about 3 minutes on each side, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with pea pods and ranch dressing.
- 1 vegetarian burger
- 1 whole-grain hamburger bun
- 2 tablespoons canned pizza sauce
- 1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 small apple
Warm burger and place on bun; top with pizza sauce and cheese. Microwave sandwich for 20 to 30 seconds to melt cheese; add fresh basil. Serve with apple on the side.
- 4 meatballs
- 1 whole-grain hotdog bun
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium orange
Warm meatballs in microwave. Place on bun with sauce and peppers, and sprinkle with cheese. Warm sandwich in microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Serve orange slices on the side.
Chili and Chips
- 1 cup canned turkey or vegetarian chili
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed corn chips
Mix together chili and broccoli and microwave for about 5 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Top chili mixture with shredded cheese and crushed chips.