Healthy Airplane Food: DietDetective.com Annual Airline Snacking and Onboard Food Survey with Health Ratings for 2007
Cooperation from Airline: Very helpful
Health Score: (**1/2) The individually packaged snacks are portion-controlled; however, you can ask for as many as you want, and many people do.
Best Bet: If you're really hungry, try the nuts; they have protein and good fat and will satisfy you. Eat them one at a time. The animal crackers are okay, but not very nutritious. Stick with one snack.
Total Snack Calories: See below.
Exercise Equivalents: (Amount of walking to burn off the calories) See individual choices below.
Cost: No chargeSnack Choices (each distributed separately)
- Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs Wheat Thins Minis (1 package, 100 calories, 26 minutes of walking)
- Chocobillys Chocolate Chunk cookies (4 cookies, 130 calories, 34 minutes of walking)
- Doritos Munchies Mix (1-ounce bag, 140 calories, 36 minutes of walking)
- Mama Says Biscotti Gingerbread Grande (1 cookie, 210 calories, 54 minutes of walking)
- Mama Says Biscotti Pistachio Grande (1 cookie, 150 calories, 39 minutes of walking)
- Mrs. GoodCookie Jungle Crackers (1-ounce bag, 120 calories, 31 minutes of walking)
- Terra Blues Potato Chips (1-ounce bag, 140 calories, 36 minutes of walking)
- All Nuts Jumbo Cashew Halves (1-ounce bag, 170 calories, 44 minutes of walking)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.